Facebook Twitter Pinterest Blog

Forms for coverage on this page:

CGL application

CCC application

Clubs application

Shows/Events application

Complete list of Forms here

*All forms are Adobe Acrobat(pdf) files, to download a free Acrobat reader, click here

Liability Coverage

Protect Your Business

A general liability policy is one of those things you hope you'll never need, but should be essential to your business plan. It should help respond if you are sued for negligence by a third party (such as a client, spectator, or passer-by) who suffers bodily injury or whose property is damaged due to your declared commercial equestrian activities.

General liability policies provide for defense costs as well as pay claims for which you are legally liable up to the policy limits. Annual policy limits range from $300,000, $500,000 to $1 million or higher.

Following are explanations of two types of liability policies that are available through Broadstone for equestrians:

Commercial Equine General Liability
If you accept a fee or barter for your services, such as teaching lessons, boarding, training, breeding, organizing competitions or clinics, etc., you should definitely consider purchasing a Commercial Equine General Liability policy. If you perform these activities at one location, or many, coverage can follow you. Coverage is not available for businesses involved in pony rides/pony parties, horse rentals, overnight camps, or guided trail rides. Coverage for day camps, or handicapped or therapeutic riding is restricted and requires that additional paperwork be completed--contact our office for details. We cannot offer any Liability coverage to residents of MN, ND, SD, or WA.

Equestrian Commercial General Liability Application

Care, Custody and Control
If you are responsible for the care of horses that you do not own, such as boarding, training, breeding, or incidental trailering of clients' horses, you should consider Care, Custody and Control (CCC) coverage. If one of those horses is damaged while in your care and the owner believes you were negligent and pursues you legally for damages, this coverage should respond up to the policy limits. It may also contribute to your defense fees. You cannot purchase this coverage alone. In most states it must be added to a Commercial General Liability policy. This policy is not intended to cover for commercial hauling operations.

Care, Custody & Control Application


Independent Horse Shows and Events

If you organize horse shows, equestrian events, or clinics, you should consider a commercial general liability policy to protect yourself and/or your organization in the event you are pursued legally by a third party for bodily injury or property damage they feel was caused by your negligence. Coverage is provided for the days the activity takes place, and can also include coverage for a certain number of days for set-up and take-down.

Horse Show Coverage Application:



Equestrian Clubs and Associations

If you are part of a riding club or association, especially if you hold public events, you should consider a commercial general liability insurance policy to protect your group if it is faced with a lawsuit by a third party for bodily injury or property damage.

Riding Clubs and Associations Application:

Private Horse Owner's Liability

This coverage helps protect you in the event you are sued for negligence by a third party due to bodily injury or property damage caused by your personally owned horse. This is an insurance policy every horse owner should think about considering the unpredictability inherent in horse ownership and our litigious society.

Personal Horse Owner's Liability Application (PHO):

All information on this website is for basic informational purposes only, and does not constitute advice or any guarantee of coverage from Broadstone Equine Insurance Agency. Contact our office directly at 888-687-8555 or info@BroadstoneEquine.com to speak with an agent for complete and current information regarding all coverages.